After installing Windows Vista (including Business edition) or Windows Server 2008, the following error (see more Windows Vista activation error) may occur when user attempts to activate the new operating system installed, which causing the copy of Windows can’t be activated successfully.
Description: DNS name does not exist.
The activation error happens even if user had entered a valid, legitimate and genuine product key. To avoid system from going into unusable state due to authenticated operating system (in the eye of Microsoft) with just a black screen, blinking cursor and not authentic Windows warning message on system tray (notification area), it’s important to fix the error and activate Windows within the activation grace period, which is the limited evaluation period given by Microsoft.
Although 0x8007232B error code carries the description of DNS name does not exist, however, the actual cause may not necessary related to DNS issue or activation server unreachable problem. In fact, the resolution to fix the error in order to activate the Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 proper may be just as easy as changing the product key, where steps detail in guide below.
- Right click on Computer icon, and select Properties on the context menu. (Or go to Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> System)
- Click on the link to Change Windows product key.
- When the activation wizard pops up, re-enter the original product key, and the activate online again.
For some users who’re using Windows Vista Business Edition or other volume licensing (VL) editions meant for activation via KMS method, the system may erroneously search for KMS host for activation, even if the user uses MAK product key with less than 25 machines on the network. The solution to volume licensing customers for 0X8007232B is also the same – reenter the product key again, using step above, or alternatively, run the following commands in an elevated command prompt:
slmgr.vbs -ipk <Windows activation product key or MAK key>
A message should appear saying that the product key was successfully changed. Then, type in the following command:
And the Windows system will be successfully activated after a while.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- How To Download HBO Shows On iPhone, iPad Through Apple TV App
- Norton 360 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19025 (20H1) for PC Official Available for Insiders in Fast Ring – Here’s What’s News, Fixes, and Enhancement Changelog
- Kaspersky Total Security 2020 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Steganos Privacy Suite 19 Free Download With Genuine License Key