In CentOS or RedHat Linux operating system, upgrading to latest version of kernel is important to ensure that all security vulnerabilities or loopholes are patches and new features are applied. In addition, as Linux specially CentOS is one of the most popular Linux flavor that hosts the cPanel web hosting control panel, the leading control panel which manages the websites in the web hosting industry, together with its Web Host Manager (WHM) that allows administrative access to the back end of cPanel. Thus, ensuring that the kernel is always up-to-date is utmost important.
Before you proceed to upgrade the system kernel, login to the server via SSH or console as root and use the following command to check the server’s kernel information:
“uname -a” will list out all system information, including the current kernel version information. Use that information to determine if you need to upgrade the kernel.
To upgrade kernel, run the following command:
yum update kernel
Linux will set up the update process by processing the requirements and dependencies, and then ask for confirmation. At this step, press Y and hit Enter, and let the yum package management utility to do its job to update the kernel.
Once the kernel is updated, restart the server with one of the following commands to complete the kernel update:
/sbin/shutdown -r now
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18334 Roll Out for Windows Insiders – Here Full Changelog of What Fixes, Changes, and Improvement (Free State of Decay)
- Windows 10 Voice Recorder Keyboard Shortcuts
- Free Elegant Art Nouveau Fonts for Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Want to share the Apple devices content to SmartTV with AirPlay 2? Here are the SmartTV models support AirPlay 2
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes