Acer has recently announced its latest Acer Liquid e phone. The Acer Liquid e is the state-of-the-art phone for multimedia, web browsing and social media integration. The phone is being designed to run on Android 2.1 operating system (aka Eclair).
Featured with a 3.5-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 800 resolutions, the phone is also equipped with a 5-megapixel camera with auto focus function. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 8250 768 MHz processor, has built-in 256MB RAM and 512MB ROM, integrated with A-GPS, supports SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email and IM. In addition, it is Bluetooth enabled and supports up to 32GB of microSD memory card.
New features of Liquid e with Android 2.1 include:
- Home screens – The new version now handles five home screens by default, allowing users to easily install more applications from the rich selection available on the Android Market as well as shortcuts and widgets.
- Quick Contacts – a feature that lets users easily switch between the address book and the social network applications.
- Live wallpapers to customize Liquid e on the fly.
- A new keyboard layout with an extended dictionary for predictive input.
- An updated version of the Android browser, supporting HTML5, double-tap zooming, video tagging support and geo-location API support.
Available in black, white and red, the phone with dimensions of 115 x 62.5 x 12.5 mm and weighs 135g is expected to be available soon in the consumer markets.