When it comes to system security, it would be better to adopt a more cautious approach and be safe rather than to regret later. If you are a heavy internet user and always worry your internet habit can lead you to some unsafe and suspicious sites, URLs, downloads, etc, then you can probably consider adding some virus and malware scanner applications to your browser besides the system’s security application for double protection. The famous web-based virus scanning service, VirusTotal, has now extended its services to the Google Chrome browser by introducing VTchromizer, a Chrome extension to streamline the VirusTotal scanning process and make the scanning task easier and more straightforward.
VTchromizer works quite similarly to VTZilla, the Firefox extension that integrates and streamlines Virustotal scanning in Firefox. Once this extension is installed in Chrome browser, there will be a small VirusTotal icon appearing on the browser’s toolbar. If users are not comfortable with the site they are entering or some new sites recommended by somebody, they can click on to the VirusTotal icon to check if there is any threat from these sites.
Users can also use their mouse to hover over any links on the screen and right click the mouse to scan the link with VirusTotal service.
Once users request for scanning, a new tab will be opened and VirusTotal will assist users to detect for viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware with six different engines. VirusTotal is not an antivirus product but it can be used for added security and protection.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links