Browsing the Internet websites in HTTPS secure connection has been the increasingly popular trend in order to enhance security when surfing the net. Browsing the web in HTTPS connection ensures that the data traffic is encrypted and reduces chance of been intercepted, hijacked or hacked.
Many websites now support secure HTTPS connection. However, not all websites force visitors to use encrypted secure HTTPS by default. Even if HTTPS is been used, the support may be limited where within encrypted pages, there are links and embedded objects which are using unencrypted HTTP, potentially bring in malicious contents or adversaries that use active attacks or traffic analysis, and cause web browser to warn about web pages with both secure and non-secure contents.
For Firefox users who want to ensure that they are browsing the web consistently in HTTPS secure connection whenever the website supports it, the HTTPS Everywhere extension can automatically switch and rewrite all requests to supported sites to use HTTPS protocol instead of HTTP when HTTPS is detected.
The HTTPS Everywhere extension for Firefox currently works for the websites that include the following:
- Google Search
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
Note that content from third party domains that is not available over HTTPS will not be converted.
Install HTTPS Everywhere on Firefox.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links