Browsing the Internet websites in HTTPS secure connection has been the increasingly popular trend in order to enhance security when surfing the net. Browsing the web in HTTPS connection ensures that the data traffic is encrypted and reduces chance of been intercepted, hijacked or hacked.
Many websites now support secure HTTPS connection. However, not all websites force visitors to use encrypted secure HTTPS by default. Even if HTTPS is been used, the support may be limited where within encrypted pages, there are links and embedded objects which are using unencrypted HTTP, potentially bring in malicious contents or adversaries that use active attacks or traffic analysis, and cause web browser to warn about web pages with both secure and non-secure contents.
For Firefox users who want to ensure that they are browsing the web consistently in HTTPS secure connection whenever the website supports it, the HTTPS Everywhere extension can automatically switch and rewrite all requests to supported sites to use HTTPS protocol instead of HTTP when HTTPS is detected.
The HTTPS Everywhere extension for Firefox currently works for the websites that include the following:
- Google Search
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
Note that content from third party domains that is not available over HTTPS will not be converted.
Install HTTPS Everywhere on Firefox.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18361 Released Fast ring Insiders – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- DVDFab Blu-ray Copy + Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Key Code
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Build 18342.8 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s New, Fixed and Improvement, and Known Issues