Amimon Inc has announced yesterday that the new WHDI (Wireless High-definition Interface) chipset is ready to be shipped to the CE (Consumer Electronics) manufacturers for development. The WHDI chipset (both AMN2110 and AMN2210) can be embedded into HDTV, set-top box and other digital CE products directly to replace existing HDMI (High-definition Multimedia Interface) for high definition multimedia connectivity. The WHDI is a new revolution from HDMI that enables wireless connectivity of High Definition video streaming in digital home.
Wireless is always a preferred method for home LAN connectivity. Similarly, WHDI technology is always welcomed when it can replace the HDMI or other AV cables while still maintaining the original video quality. It is capable of supporting full HD 1080p by utilizing 40MHz channel bandwidth in 5GHz unlicensed band. Besides being a neat solution to replace cables, it poses a great advantage of long range around 100 feet streaming support as compared to ordinary HDMI cables.
WHDI is a trademark of this company with prototype samples ready to be referenced and developed by any CE manufacturers. Some manufacturers such as Funai and Loewe have already started engaging with Amimon to get their products integration and demo ready in preparation for IFA event in Berlin soon. We should expect the WHDI end products to be available in the commercial market by early of 2008.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links