Consumers especially corporate companies are always extra careful when it comes to identity theft issues. Proactive security measures have been taken to prevent identity theft from stealing company data or security numbers. Generally, publicized threats can range from mailbox thieves and lost laptops to the higher tech methods of email scams and corporate data invasion.
Anyway, the latest findings reveal that photocopiers could be another target for identity theft. Technically, most digital photocopiers manufactured in the past five years have disk drives– the same kind of data-storage mechanism found in computers. Identity theft will reproduce documents/data that has been scanned. This might cause the sensitive information/data from original documents to get into a syndicate criminal’s hands.
Photocopier manufacturers recommend that consumers should be more careful and take precaution while photocopying their confidential documents. Consumers should check with the photocopy shops whether they are using any security kits to encrypt or overwrite the images being scanned so that the data aren’t stored in the hard disk indefinitely.
The MX-5500 photocopier, which Sharp says is among the first to encrypt and overwrite image data stored on its hard drive.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Steganos Privacy Suite 19 Free Download With Genuine License Key
- Zemana AntiMalware Premium Free Download For Limited Time
- Microsoft Edge Dev 126.96.36.199 New Updated Now Available for Download
- Bitdefender Total Security 2020 Free Download With Genuine License Series Key
- Norton Security Deluxe Free Download With 3 Months Genuine License Serial Key