ASUS has introduced its new 15.6″ ASUS G51J 3D gaming notebook, which the company claims as the world’s first laptop with NVIDIA 3D Vision and specially designed 3D glasses, providing gamers a truly immersive 3D gaming and multimedia experience.
According to ASUS, “Equipped with NVIDIA 3D Vision, the ASUS G51J 3D delivers ultra-realistic graphics that come to life before the user. A pair of 3D Vision active-shutter glasses coupled with a wide-range infra-red emitter, deliver stereoscopic images with clarity, brightness and depth-of-field at full resolution without any viewing angle restrictions. The GPU driver and a 120Hz 3D panel render each scene twice, delivering up to 60 images evenly to each eye. With up to 400 PC games that work out-of-the-box with 3D Vision, gamers can experience a whole new dimension of gaming never-before seen, with recently released games such as Resident Evil 5, Borderlands, World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Star Trek D-A-C.”
Key features of ASUS G51J 3D:
- 15.6-inch screen display (120Hz) with HD resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels
- Latest Intel Core i7 mobile processor for powerful performance
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M with 1GB DDR3 VRAM
- EAX Advanced HD 4.0 3D audio technology and CMSS surround sound further enhances in-game immersion
- High fidelity Altec Lansing speakers deliver crystal clear audio
- 64-bit Windows 7 operating system
“NVIDIA is excited about the world’s first 3D Vision notebook coming from ASUS,” said Phil Eisler, General Manager for 3D Vision business unit at NVIDIA. “The ASUS G51J 3D notebook will set the standard by which gaming and 3D notebooks will be judged. Congratulations to ASUS for achieving this monumental milestone!”
The new ASUS G51J 3D notebook is expected to be available at Amazon.com, Newegg.com and other authorized resellers for around $1,700.