LG and AT&T have announced the launch of the new LG Incite Windows Mobile 6.1 smartphone with stylish, sleek look and sophisticated technology, claiming as the first LG mobile device to offer Windows Media Player 10, supporting an enterprise-grade mobile solution which aimed to manage and protect Windows Mobile 6.1 phones – Microsoft’s System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008.
“LG Mobile Phones has done an outstanding job in its first offering in the U.S. smartphone arena with the LG Incite, and AT&T is pleased to the be first U.S. carrier to offer an LG smartphone,” said Michael Woodward, vice president, Smart Devices for AT&T’s wireless operations. “It is a great looking smartphone with powerful capabilities that will provide our customers with a new and outstanding choice in our Windows Mobile smartphone portfolio, which is the broadest in the industry.”
Impressive highlights of LG Incite from AT&T:
- Crystal-clear 3-inch WQVGA (240 x 400 pixels) 262K TFT LCD flat touch-sensitive screen
- 3 megapixel camera with auto focus and video recording capabilities
- Bluetooth 2.0 capable with EDR and integrated Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
- Built-in aGPS supports AT&T Navigator
- microSD memory card slot supports up to 16GB
- Equipped with Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, Microsoft Office Mobile and Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5
- On-screen virtual keyboards: a full, QWERTY keyboard in landscape mode and a 20-key keyboard in portrait view (with haptic keys that provide vibration feedback)
- Talk Time: Up to 8.67 hours ; Standby Time: Up to 21 days
“LG is excited to offer a phone with a different capability than anything we’ve offered in the U.S. thus far,” said Ehtisham Rabbani, vice president of Marketing and Product Strategy for LG Mobile Phones. “As a leading provider of handsets, LG constantly looks toward the future and strives to incorporate the newest technologies as they become available to our consumers.”
According to the press release, “The Incite is pre-loaded with everything you’d expect, including AT&T Navigator, powered by TeleNav, featuring turn-by-turn voice and on-screen directions with colorful 3-D moving maps that can be used in vehicles or while walking. AT&T Navigator also features traffic alerts, re-routing and other location-based services. There also is business and personal e-mail access through Microsoft Direct Push and AT&T’s Xpress Mail service, instant messaging and AT&T Mobile Music service, which provides fast access to downloadable music from eMusic.”
The new LG Incite smartphone which measures 4.21 x 2.2 x 0.55 inches and weights only 4.23 ounces (with battery) is now available exclusively through AT&T for $199.99, after a new two-year service contract and $100 mail-in rebate.