After a long await, AT&T finally has officially announced its plan to offer free Wi-Fi access for iPhone owners. The free service will be available at thousands of hotspots nationwide which the access points are installed and offered by AT&T including Starbucks, Airport, Hotels, Universities, Convention Centers, Sports Centers, Restaurants, Book Stores and Supermarkets.
The iPhone owners can gain free Wi-Fi access at AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots with the below steps:
- Activate Wi-Fi from the setting icon on iPhone.
- Select “attwfi” from the list of available networks.
- Enter 10 digit mobile number and check the box to agree the Acceptable Use Policy. Then, tap “Continue”.
- After that, a text message from AT&T with a secure link to AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot will be received. The user will not be charged for the text message.
- The SMS link will only be valid for 24 hours at the location it was requested. Another request must be submitted when using another hotspot location.
- Open the text message and tap on the link for 24-hour access to the AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot.
Please note that, AT&T Wi-Fi service already be free to it high-speed internet customers but for those like to use has to pay either $20 a month or $4 per session.