AT&T and HTC have announced the availability of the long-awaited HTC FUZE (GSM version of HTC Touch Pro), which offers a wealth of powerful features in a small and lightweight form, featuring slide-out 5-row QWERTY keyboard and HTC’s intuitive, graphic-rich TouchFLO 3D touch-screen user interface for easy quick access to the items most important to you.
“The HTC FUZE is a great illustration of AT&T’s commitment to innovation and choice,” said Michael Woodward, vice president, Smart Devices for AT&T’s wireless unit. “The HTC FUZE, with its array of connectivity features, provides our customers with the ability to choose the manner in which they communicate using the form factor they deem most appropriate at a given moment — all in a very attractive and sleek package. It’s a fantastic addition to AT&T’s industry-leading Windows Mobile smartphone portfolio.”
Highlights Of ‘HTC FUZE From AT&T’:
- Large 2.8-inch VGA TFT-LCD flat touch-sensitive screen with TouchFLO 3D touch-screen user interface
- 3.2 megapixel camera with auto focus and flash light
- Unique AT&T defined 5 row slide out / slide away QWERTY keyboard for quick text entry and ultra fast messaging
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional OS
- Built-in aGPS — for use with AT&T Navigator powered by TeleNav and other location-based applications such as TeleNav Track and Xora GPS TimeTrack
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) — to connect with home or campus networks or access more than 17,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots nationwide, including at thousands of participating Starbucks locations
- Bluetooth 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) and A2DP — for simultaneous connection of up to six Bluetooth-enabled devices, including hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits, network printers and other Bluetooth peripherals
- AT&T Video Share — the first service in the U.S. that allows users to share live video over wireless devices while participating in a voice call
- Push To Talk (PTT) — via the nation’s largest PTT network
“By combining the power of Windows Mobile 6.1 with HTC’s innovative TouchFLO 3D interface, the HTC FUZE ensures that your most important information — from mail to music to images — is never more than a touch away,” said Jason Mackenzie, vice president of HTC America. “The HTC FUZE’s range of cutting-edge mobile features, like a desktop-quality mobile browser, paired with AT&T’s lightning-quick 3G network makes it an unbeatable choice for consumers.”
The new HTC Fuze smartphone which measures 4 (H) X 2 (W) X 0.7-inches (T) and weights at 5.8 ounces (with battery) is now available through AT&T for $299.99, after a 2-year service contract and mail-in rebate.