In Windows 7, when a user uses mouse to double click or press Enter key to open, explorer or drill down on a drive or folder, the folder trree on the navigation pane of Windows Explorer does not automatically expand the navigation pane’s tree to show and display current folder or directory user is at. In other words, Windows 7 Explorer’s navigation pane will stay at top level of a drive or folder, and does not expand the sub-folders branches, unless user manually expand the folder tree.
The behavior of Windows 7 Explorer is a total change from Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 or earlier Windows operating system, where the Windows Explorer’s navigation pane will always automatically expand the folder tree to show the deepest or lowest level of folders been opened or arrived at.
Windows 7 actually does possess such ability to automatically expand navigation pane of Windows Explorer to current folder, but it’s turned off and disabled by default. For users who prefer that the navigation pane expands to follow their path into nested folders, the trick is indeed easy.
How to Make Windows Explorer Automatically Expand Navigation Pane to Current Folder in Windows 7
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Click on Organize pull down menu.
- Click on Folder and search options.
- Under the “Navigation pane” section, select and tick the check box for Automatically expend to current folder option.
- Click OK.
With the setting enabled, the navigation pane of Windows 7 Explorer will automatically expand when user goes to sub-folder.
Check out also more than 30 Windows 7 hacks, tips and tricks.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Ashampoo Backup 2020 Free Download With Full Version License
- DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Serial Key Giveaway
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost