AVG had made a major blunder by detecting a critical Windows system file as malware after a signature update. The incorrect virus pattern published few days ago identified user32.dll to contain Trojan horse called PSW.Banker4.APSA or Generic9TBN, and recommended user to delete the file, causing Windows (mostly on XP non-English version) to go into continuous endless reboot cycle or cannot startup.
Although AVG has follow up to rapid distribution of recovery instructions and repair CDs to fix the error, AVG has also announced that it will offer all affected users a free license or license extension.
The offering for a free license or license extension as below:
- For affected users of commercial AVG 7.5 products, a one-year license for the equivalent AVG 8.0 product.
- For affected users of commercial AVG 8.0 products, a free license extension for one year.
- For affected users of AVG Free products, a free one-year license for AVG Anti-Virus 8.0.
According to AVG, they will start contact the affected customers begining Nov 24 and advise them on how to obtain their complimentary license or license extension.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- How To Download HBO Shows On iPhone, iPad Through Apple TV App
- Norton 360 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19025 (20H1) for PC Official Available for Insiders in Fast Ring – Here’s What’s News, Fixes, and Enhancement Changelog
- Kaspersky Total Security 2020 Free Download With License Serial Key
- Steganos Privacy Suite 19 Free Download With Genuine License Key