RIM and Sprint have announced the upcoming launch of the new powerful, sophisticated smartphone, named as BlackBerry Bold 9650. It’s the full-featured 3G smartphone with uncompromising features and performance that provide users an easy access to email, messaging, robust business and entertainment apps, as well as location-based services while on the go.
Key Features and Specifications of BlackBerry Bold 9650 (Sprint):
- 2.44-inch sharp-resolution TFT LCD display with 480 x 360 pixels resolution at 245 ppi
- 3.2 megapixel camera with flash, image stabilization, autofocus and geo-tagging capability
- Optical trackpad and a highly tactile full-QWERTY keyboard
- Easy access to Facebook, MySpace, Flickr and popular IM services
- BlackBerry OS 5
- Bluetooth v2.1 and Wi-Fi 802.11b/g connectivity
- Built-in GPS offers turn-by-turn navigation
- Support BlackBerry Media Sync, BlackBerry Maps, BlackBerry Messenger and BlackBerry App World
- Sprint Music Store, Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV, Sprint Football Live and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile
- Memory expansion slot supports up to 32GB microSDHC card
- Talk time: 5 hours ; Standby time: 312 hours ; Music playback time: up to 18 hours
- Dimensions: 4.4″ x 2.4″ x 0.56″ ; Weight: 4.8 ounces
“The new BlackBerry Bold 9650 is an extraordinary smartphone that we think customers will love,” commented Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO of RIM. “Whether at work or at play, the new BlackBerry Bold 9650 offers a truly impressive communications, multimedia and connectivity experience.”
BlackBerry Bold 9650 that comes with a 2GB microSD memory card is slated to hit Sprint stores on May 23 for 199.99, after a $100 mail-in rebate and a new 2-year service agreement.