RIM and Verizon Wireless have jointly announced that the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 smartphone will be available on the nation’s largest 3G broadband network (Verizon Wireless) starting June 19, offering Verizon Wireless customers the full power of Blackberry smartphone in a popular flip design.
Main Features Of BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 (Verizon Wireless):
- 2 megapixel camera with zoom, flash and video recording capabilities
- 2 high-resolution light-sensing color displays; the smaller external LCD enables users preview incoming calls, emails and messages without opening the handset
- Large SureType QWERTY keyboard for easy typing and dialing
- Advanced media player for music, videos and pictures
- Expandable microSD/SDHC memory card slot supports up to 16 GB
- BlackBerry Internet Service and BlackBerry Enterprise Server support
- Voice-activated dialing and speakerphone capabilities
- Full HTML web browser and GPS
- Easy mobile access to Facebook, MySpace and Flick, as well as popular instant messaging services including Yahoo! IM, AIM, Google Talk and Windows Live Messenger
- Support for BlackBerry App World, which provides quick access to applications developed for BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 in categories that include entertainment, games, social networking and sharing, music and video, productivity, utilities, travel and more
- BlackBerry Media Sync allows for easy syncing of music collections to BlackBerry Pearl Flip
- Visual Voice Mail helps users prioritize their messages
- VZ Navigator allows customers to get audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest
The cool and stylish BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 smartphone which measures 3.9 x 1.9 x 0.7-inches and weighs just 3.6 ounces will hit Verizon Wireless stores in silver color for $129.99, after a $70 mail-in rebate and a new 2-year service agreement.