RIM and Verizon Wireless have announced the upcoming availability of the highly anticipated BlackBerry Storm2 9550, which features SurePress “clickable” display technology, and BlackBerry OS 5.0 that includes usability and visual enhancements like inertial scrolling, spin boxes, providing users an exceptional multimedia and communication experience.
Highlights Of BlackBerry Storm2 9550 (Verizon Wireless):
- Stylish, smooth design and premium finish with sloped edges, chrome accents, glass lens and stainless steel backplate
- 3.25″ dazzling high-resolution (480 x 360 pixels) touchscreen display at 184 ppi
- 3.2 MP camera with autofocus, Image Stabilization (IS), flash and video recording capabilities
- 256MB Flash memory, 2GB of on-board memory storage and a microSD/SDHD memory card slot with a 16GB card included
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) and Bluetooth v2.1+EDR
- New SurePress”clickable” display technology
- Built-in GPS for maps and other location-based applications, as well as photo geotagging
- Supports Verizon Wireless’ VZ Navigator service, Mobile Broadband Connect tethering service and V CAST Music with Rhapsody
- Users running BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 will gain the ability to set follow-up flags, manage e-mail folders, access remote files (Windows Shares), forward appointments, view calendar attachments and more
- Loud distortion-free speakerphone, background noise suppression technology and proximity sensor
- BlackBerry OS 5.0 includes typing accuracy and variety of improvements
- Removable, rechargeable 1400 mAhr battery supports up to 5.5 hours of talk time or up to 11.2 days of standby time
The new BlackBerry Storm2 9550 smartphone which measures 4.43 x 2.45 x 0.55 inches and weights 5.64 ounces will be available through Verizon Wireless beginning October 28 for $179.99, after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new 2-year service contract.