The leading innovator for digital imaging products, Canon has introduced its new entry-level Digital SLR camera that aimed at beginning users, named as Canon EOS 1100D (Rebel T3), which features a 2.7-inch Clear View LCD display, 12.2 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor, 9-point AF system, iFCL color-sensitive metering sensor, new Multi-Control Dial, high sensitivity of up to ISO 6,400, and 720p HD video recording to support the superior image quality and performance.
Features of Canon EOS 1100D:
- 2.7-inch wide viewing angle LCD screen (230k-dot resolution)
- Superior 12-megapixel image quality
- Wide-area 9-point AF system
- On-screen Feature Guide
- Creative Auto and Basic+ (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Sunset, Tungsten light, and Fluorescent light
- 720p HD video capture
- ISO 100-6400 sensitivity
- 63-zone iFCL exposure metering
- Supports sRGB, Adobe RGB, ColorMatch RGB, Apple RGB and Wide Gamut RGB colour spaces
- Use with all EF and EF-S lenses
- Auto Lighting Optimizer (ALO)
- Digital Photo Professional (DPP) software
- Picture Style Editor allows photographers to create individual Picture Styles that meet their personal requirements
In addition, the latest EOS 1100D also provides users an array of in-camera imaging features for added creativity, including in-camera RAW image processing, adjusting exposure, white balance, rotated, trimmed to correct framing and horizons, and various filters on the fly using Basic+ and Creative Auto modes.
Besides, Canon EOS 1100D also equipped with Canon’s latest DIGIC 4 image processor allows users to freeze the action with high-speed shooting at 3 frames per second, and Eye-Fi Connected functions.
The new lightweight Canon EOS 1100D DSLR camera that fully compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses is expected to hit the market in early April 2011 for an ERP of $499.99 (body only) and $599.99 (kit bundled with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II zoom lens), respectively.