The world’s leading provider of digital imaging solutions, Canon U.S.A., Inc. has announced the next evolution in its EOS 1D family, named as Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Digital SLR camera (successor to EOS-1D Mark III), which combines 16 megapixel Canon CMOS image sensor, Dual DIGIC 4 Imaging Processors, 14-bit A/D data conversion, fast 10 fps continuous shooting, advanced Live View shooting and 1080p full HD video capture capability in a single device, aiming to offer professional photographers a comprehensive combination of speed, accuracy as well as image quality.
Features Of Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Digital SLR Camera:
- Lightweight and incredibly strong magnesium alloy body with shutter durability up to 300,000 cycles and exclusive dust and weather-resistance
- 16MP Canon APS-H-sized CMOS image sensor, 14-bit per channel conversion and Dual DIGIC 4 Processors aimed for high image quality and speed
- Large, high-resolution 3-inch solid structure Clear View II LCD screen with 920,000 dot and wide 160-degree viewing angle (reflection resistance with multi coating)
- New redesigned 45-Point autofocus system includes 39 high-precision cross-type focusing points with f/2.8 support plus new AI Servo II AF with improved algorithm
- Capable of record 1080p full HD video with full manual exposure control at selectable frame rates
- ISO sensitivity range from 100 to 12,800 (expandable up to 102,400 in H3 mode)
- 10 frames per second continuous shooting up to 121 large JPEGS or 28 RAW using UDMA CF memory card
- 3 RAW shooting modes for versatility – Full RAW (approx. 16 MP), M-RAW (approx. 9 MP), and S-RAW (approx. 4 MP), plus 3 additional JPEG recording formats – M1, M2 and Small
- Canon’s Peripheral Illumination Correction function corrects darkening that can occur in the corners of images with most lenses (while used at their largest apertures)
- Fluorine coating on the Low Pass Filter to further repel dust and enhance EOS Integrated Cleaning System
- Powerful new Auto Lighting Optimizer (ALO) system to reduce post-production work by automatically adjusting the image for optimal brightness as well as contrast on the fly during in-camera image processing
- Fully compatible with over 50 EF lenses (excluding EF-S lenses) and a wide range of EOS System accessories
“Canon works hard to be the imaging leader in all our business endeavors. This goal has fueled our innovation and R&D efforts to engineer the most advanced autofocus system Canon has ever produced,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, senior vice president and general manager for Consumer Imaging Group at Canon U.S.A. “We are proud to announce the camera that will deliver the ultimate in imaging quality to professionals working in all areas of multimedia imaging, whether it’s action photography, photojournalism or HD video and cinematography.”
The new Canon EOS-1D Mark IV D-SLR camera which measures 156 x 156.6 x 79.9 mm and weighs in at 1.18 kg is expected to be available in late December 2009 for approximately $5,000 (body only). In addition, Canon also announced its new WFT-E2 II A wireless file transmitter exclusively for EOS-1D Mark IV Digital SLR camera, which scheduled to be available later this year, packing with wireless technologies like IEEE 802.11a/b/g, 100BASE-TX Ethernet connections and built-in WPS for secure connections.