Canon’s EOS 5D Mark II has finally released. This full-frame camera with 21.1-million-pixel is the first camera able to record 1920 by 1080p video. It is also a good news for photographers who like to shoot wide-angles especially for weddings or parties. This camera targeted to hit US and Japan in late November with the price of US$2,399. Additionally, it is offered in a kit version with Canon’s EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM zoom lens at an estimated retail price of US$3,499.
Canon EOS 5D Mark II has coupled the power of a full-frame CMOS sensor together with HD video capture. Along with the ability to capture full HD video clips at 1920 x 1080 resolution, Canon’s EOS 5D Mark II Digital SLR camera features a 21.1-megapixel full frame 24 x 36mm CMOS sensor, DIGIC 4 imaging processor and significantly lower noise, with an expanded sensitivity range from ISO 50 to ISO 25,600.
Summary of the Features:
– 21.1 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion (16,384 colors/each of 3 primary color), wide range ISO setting of 100-6400 (expandable L: 50, H1: 12800 and H2: 25600).
– Full HD Video capture at 1920 x 1080 resolution for up to 4GB per clip with HDMI output for HD viewing of stills and video.
– Next generation DIGIC 4 Image Processor for faster processing of fine detail and color reproduction as well as reduced image noise.
– High performance with 3.9 fps continuous shooting, new shutter with a durability of 150,000 cycles and improved weather-resistant body.
– Live View Function for stills (Quick, Live and Face Detection AF modes) and video.
– 3.0-inch Clear View LCD (920,000 dots/VGA) monitor with anti-reflective and scratch-resistant coatings for improved viewing and smudge protection.
– Updated EOS Integrated Cleaning System specifically designed to work with a full-frame sensor.
– Compatible with over 60 Canon EF/EF-S lenses and most EOS System accessories.
- Type: Digital, single-lens reflex, AF/AE camera with built-in flash
- Recording Media: CF Card Type I and II, UDMA-compliant CF cards, via external media (USB v.2.0 hard drive, via optional Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E4A)
- Image Sensor Size: 36.0mm x 24.0mm (35mm Fll-frame)
- Compatible Lenses: Canon EF lenses (35mm-equivalent focal length is approx. 1.6x the lens focal length)
- Lens Mount: Canon EF mount
- Sensor Type: High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor
- Pixels: Effective pixels: Approx. 21.1 megapixels
- Total Pixels: Total pixels: Approx. 22.0 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Low-pass Filter : Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor
- Dust Deletion feature: Automatic sensor cleaning, Manual cleaning of sensor, Dust Delete Data appended to the captured image
c) Recording System
- Recording Format: Design rule for Camera File System 2.0
- Image Type : Still: JPEG, RAW (14-bit, Canon original), sRAW1, sRAW2, RAW+JPEG
- File Size:
(1) Large/Fine: Approx. 6.1MB (5616 x 3744 pixels
(2) Large/Nomal: Approx. 3.0MB (5616 x 3744 pixels)
(3) Medium/Fine: Approx. 3.6MB (4080 x 2720 pixels)
(4) Medium/Normal: Approx. 1.9MB (4080 x 2720 pixels)
(5) Small/Fine: Approx. 2.1MB (2784 x 1856 pixels)
(6) Small/Normal: Approx. 1.0MB (2784 x 1856 pixels)
(7) RAW: Approx. 25.8MB (5616 x 3744 pixels)
(8) sRAW 1: Approx. 14.8MB (3861 x 2574 pixels)
(9) sRAW 2: Approx. 10.8MB (2784 x 1856 pixels)
- Backup Recording: Enabled with WFT-E4A attached
- File Numbering: Consecutive numbering, auto reset, manual reset
- Type: Vertical-travel, mechanical, Electronically-controlled, focal-plane shutter
- Shutter Speeds: 1/8000 to 1/60 sec., X-sync at 1/200 sec.
- 1/8000 to 30 sec., bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Shutter Release: Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self-timer: 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
- Remote Control: Remote control with N3-type terminal