One of the market leaders in digital imaging, Canon U.S.A., Inc. has redefined the highly competitive mid-range DSLR product category with its new revolutionary Canon EOS 7D, which features 18MP CMOS Sensor, Dual DIGIC 4 processors, and improved multi-axis 19-point cross-type AF system that offers a range of manual and automatic settings including Zone and Spot AF for tracking and capturing subjects quickly and accurately.
Unique Features Of Canon EOS 7D:
- 18 megapixel Canon APS–C CMOS sensor and Dual DIGIC 4 Imaging Processors fuel its 14-bit A/D data conversion
- Large, clear 3-inch Clear View II LCD screen with 920,000 dot/VGA resolution and solid structure
- Advanced cross-type 19 focusing points that remain fully functional with maximum apertures as small as f/5.6
- EOS HD Movie records full HD video (1920 x 1080 pixels) with variable frame rates and manual exposure control
- Fast 8 frames per second continuous shooting and wide range of ISO speed settings from 100-6400 (expandable to 12,800)
- Canon iFCL Metering System (Intelligent Focus, Color, Luminance) with 63-zone dual-layer metering sensor that reads both illumination and color for consistent results in all lighting conditions
- Intelligent Viewfinder (1.0x magnification with 100% coverage) uses liquid crystal overlay to provide clear and precise displays of focusing points and zone
- Canon’s new built-in Dual Axis Electronic Level shows both horizontal roll and vertical pitch for easy leveling while shooting
- EOS 7D’s pop-up flash features Integrated Speedlite Transmitter for control of multiple off-camera EOS Speedlites (without external transmitter)
- Intelligent Macro Tracking function helps reduce blur during macro shooting
- Dimensions: 148 x 111 x 74 mm ; Weight: 820g (without battery)
“The EOS 7D represents a completely new chapter in digital photography and Canon product development,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, senior vice president and general manager, Consumer Imaging Group, Canon U.S.A. “This camera stands alone as the most functional and innovative DSLR Canon has released to-date, bringing together all of the best professional features offered, along with numerous user requests at a price-point everyone can appreciate.”
The new Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR camera is expected to be available later this month for $1,699 (body only) and $1,899 (bundled with Canon’s EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM zoom lens), respectively. In addition, Canon also announced the launch of its new WFT-E5A wireless file transmitter (WFT) exclusively for EOS 7D, which offers users a wide range of digital connectivity options including IEEE802.11a/b/g and Ethernet, slated to be available in early November for around $700.