Canon has announced the launch of its new compact, pocket-sized digital camera, named as Canon PowerShot S90, which features exceptionally bright f/2.0 lens that great for shooting in low light conditions (twice as much light into the camera as an f/2.8 lens so photographers can use faster shutter speeds to reduce blur), including a strong heritage and impressive range of technologies to enhance your photography experience.
Key features of Canon PowerShot S90:
- 10 megapixel image sensor coupled with Canon’s DIGIC 4 Image Processor designed as the High Sensitivity System
- Large 3-inch PureColor System LCD (461k dot resolution) delivers greater true life color reproduction
- Wide aperture f/2.0 wide-angle lens with 3.8x optical zoom and Optical Image Stabilization
- Customizable control ring (at base of the lens barrel) for easy access and operation of manual or other creative shooting settings
- Canon’s Intelligent Contrast Correction technology delivers a wider dynamic range to reduce high-light blowout while retaining low-light detail
- High sensitivity ISO 3200 and Low Light scene mode for ISO settings up to 12,800
- Wide range of powerful manual and automatic controls, as well as RAW format shooting
- Smart Auto with Scene Detection technology
- Supports for Canon’s Digital Photo Professional (DPP) software
The new slim and lightweight Canon PowerShot S90 which measures 100 x 58 x 31 mm and weighs 175 g is slated to be available in October 2009 for approximately $430.