The leader in digital imaging products, Canon has introduced its new digital camera that replaces the highly-popular PowerShot SX20 IS, named as PowerShot SX30 IS. The new digital camera comes with innovative features to help photo enthusiasts to further develop their photographic capabilities. The new PowerShot SX30 IS digital cameras features an improved 2.7-inch wide vari-angle LCD display, 14.1 megapixel CCD sensor, semi-manual and manual shooting modes, DIGIC 4 image processor that makes for crystal clear photos, flash hot shoe, supports both SDHC and SDXC memory cards, Eye-Fi connected functions, and 720p HD-resolution video capture with mini-HDMI output.
Features of PowerShot SX30 IS digital cameras:
- F2.7-5.8, 35X optical zoom lens, equivalent to 24 – 840 mm
- Optical image stabilization promises 4.5 stops of shake reduction
- Flip-out, rotating 2.7″ LCD display (230k pixels) + electronic viewfinder (202k pixels)
- Smart Auto mode + full manual controls
- New “zoom framing assist” quickly retracts the lens to one of three preset positions
- Hot shoe for external flash
- Records video at 1280 x 720 (30 fps) with stereo sound and use of optical zoom
- HDMI output
- SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC/MMCplus/HC MMCplus card slot
The Canon PowerShot SX30 IS also features 24-840mm ultra-wide lens with 35x optical zoom, Ultrasonic (USM) and Voice Coil (VCM) motors for fast, accurate and silent zooming. Canon PowerShot SX30 IS digital camera also for the first time will use a proprietary Lithium ion rechargeable battery rather than the standard AA batteries.
The new compact, lightweight Canon PowerShot SX30 IS digital camera measures 123 x 92 x 108 mm and weighs just 601g is expected to hit the market in late September 2010 for a $429.99, respectively.