One of the market leaders in digital imaging, Canon has expanded the award-winning VIXIA high-definition camcorder family with its new flagship VIXIA HF S11 Dual Flash Memory camcorder, which includes a variety of advanced HD features and professional-level manual controls, capable of capturing stunning 8MP photos in addition to breathtaking HD video.
Unique features of Canon VIXIA HF S11:
- 8.59-megapixel full HD CMOS image sensor and Canon DIGIC DV III image processor
- Genuine Canon HD Video Lens wiyh 10x optical zoom
- Genuine Canon Face Detection and Instant AutoFocus
- Canon’s new Dynamic SuperRange OIS system delivers the ultimate in shake correction by providing continuous adjustment throughout the entire zoom range
- Advanced Video Snapshot Mode allows users to create the perfect highlight movie to share with family and friends by recording a series of 4 second clips while in shooting mode as well as in playback mode
- Dual Flash Memory – 64GB internal flash drive (stores up to 24 hours of crisp HD video) and removable SDHC memory cards
- Offers professional-grade manual gain control limits and manual focus controls
- Ability to record in 24p Cinema Mode or 30p Progressive Mode
“Canon’s latest enhancements to our acclaimed and ever-popular VIXIA line of high-definition camcorders improve the overall shooting experience and enable users more flexibility when shooting and storing their memories,” commented Yuichi Ishizuka, senior vice president and general manager, Consumer Imaging Group, Canon U.S.A. “Canon continues to take the lead in providing products that offer superb image quality and value for the end-user.”
The new Canon VIXIA HF S11 Dual Flash Memory Camcorder is expected to hit the market in mid-September for about $1400. In addition, Canon also announced its new RA-V1 Remote Control Adapter for professional-level functionality while shooting from a tripod, scheduled to be available for $120.