Windows 7 users who fly across country or the world internationally which spans several timezones frequently can now make changing time zone on Windows 7 operating system easier, with a desktop gadget. The “Time Zone Selector” gadget is useful for user who frequently found himself or herself located in area with different timezone, and has to adjust the time zone of the computer to reflect correct timing.
It’s possible to manually change the time zone in Control Panel, however, the process is not automated, nor direct. With the addition of Windows Time Zone Utility (TZUtil.exe), Windows 7 allows Michael Greener to develop a gadget that enables user to change time zone in one click.
The Time Zone Selector or Changer gadget uses tzutil.exe to swap the time zone automatically whenever user clicks on the desired timezone to apply. By default, the gadget has 4 buttons, which represents four time zones in United States of America (US) and Canada.
P – Pacific Time (UTC – 8)
M – Mountain Time (UTC – 7)
C – Central Time (UTC – 6)
E – Eastern Time (UTC – 5)
For users not in USA or Canada or on different timezone than the above may need to extract the gadget to tweak the configuration or account for the daylight savings time.
Note: If the gadget is downloaded as .zip file, just rename it as .gadget.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Serial Key Giveaway
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)