A new microkernel, .Net-based operating system is available now. This new and independent operating system, Cosmos, is the effort from the former Microsoft Developer and Platform Evangelism team member Chad Khudzu Hower. Cosmos (Its only upper case C, ie not COSMOS or CosmOS) is an acronym for C# Open Source Managed Operating System. Even though the name C# is part of the name of Cosmos, Cosmos can work with any .NET language that compiles to pure IL without P/Invokes.
Technically, Cosmos is a set of operating system legos written completely in C# that allow developers to easily build custom OSes with little OS experience by simply selecting new project in Visual Studio, then pressing F5 to build, deploy, and debug. Cosmos comes with a compiler (IL2CPU) that compiles the resulting intermediate language (IL) to X86 code. The compiler includes a cross-platform-support layer and the developer has planned to add support for other processors and platforms. Users can run Cosmos on other platforms such as Wii, iPhone, etc.
Cosmos has a lot of similarity compared to Microsoft’s Singularity. But unlike Singularity, Cosmos is publicly available now with full source code at Codeplex. Anyone can try it and participate in it. Users can read more about Cosmos.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements