Many people create a favicon which also known as a website icon, page icon or urlicon to associate it with their own webpage. It is somehow an identity or a logo representing a website. Favicon is quite popularly used nowadays. Web designers will create their preferred favicons and users can see them in the browser’s URL bar, next to the site’s name in lists of bookmarks, and next to the page’s title in a tabbed document interface. Technically to create a favicon or even an animated favicon is not that complicated and difficult. You can create your own favicon and make your webpage or blogs looks more professional and more interesting via a useful online free service, FavIcon from Pics.
FavIcon from Pics allow users to create their favicon via a very simple mechanism. What an user need to do is just log in to the website, select a picture, logo or other graphic for the “Source Image” and click “Generate FavIcon.ico” Within a few seconds, the user will get a favicon file that’s based on the selected image.
To add the favicon created to the webpage, there is instruction from the page to lead the user. In this case, the user need to:
• Click “Download FavIcon” and open the package. favicon.ico is included in it.
• Upload the favicon.ico file to the folder on the user’s web site where user has the web page.
• Add the following HTML tag to the user’s web page after thetag, before the tag:
To test the new favicon in Internet Explorer, the user can add his site to Favorites and reopen the page. To test it in Firefox or other Mozilla-based browser, simply open the user’s web page and watch the address bar or the page tab.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links