After recovering and reclaiming disk space after installing Windows 7 SP1 so that all backup files are deleted, there may still be a service pack related entry that is not clean up and removed. The item is “Service Pack Backup Files” in the Disk Cleanup tool of Windows 7.
Disk Cleanup lists Service Pack Backup Files to allow user to delete and remove the backup files should he or she decides to make installation of service pack permanent, and in the meantime reclaim and recover the disk space occupied by the backup files.
In the event the “Service Pack Backup Files” is still been listed on Disk Cleanup tool of Windows 7 with 0 bytes, reniew on My Digital Life Forums has posted a solution on the way to remove the entry via registry.
To clean up the Disk Cleanup tool and remove the “Service Pack Backup Files” listing, just remove the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Service Pack Cleanup
User can also download the registry registration file (registration at MDL Forums required) that automatically delete the registry key for you.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Steganos Privacy Suite Free Download With Genuine License Series Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18262 Released To Insiders in the Fast Ring and Skip Ahead
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18267 – What’s New, Improved, Fixed, and Known issues
- O&O DiskImage Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Avira Prime Free 3-Months All-in-One Premium Services – Avira Antivirus Pro, Avira Phantom VPN Pro, Avira Identity Scanner Pro, Avira System Speedup Pro, Avira Software Updater Pro, Password Manager Pro