Dell has officially announced the upcoming launch of its new sleek, stylish laptop, named as Dell Inspiron Duo, which the company claims as the world’s first hybrid 10.1-inch HD display ultra-portable tablet/netbook with capacitive touchscreen technology for a responsive and accurate light-touch experience. The new Inspiron Duo is powered by Intel dual-core Atom N550 processor, 2GB of RAM, 250GB of storage, a Broadcom Crystal HD accelerator to enhance multitasking and excellent performance. In order for the device to easy to operate, it is also featured with stylish color scheme and rounded edges and chiclet keyboard for users to scroll through lists and select options.
Features of Dell Inspiron Duo:
- LCD display: 10.1 HD LED-backlit capacitive multitouch with 1366 x 768 resolutions.
- Processor: Intel Atom N550 dual core 1.5 GHz, L2 cache 512 KB.
- Memory: 2 GB DDR3 800 MHz.
- Hard drive size: 320 GB 2.5-inch HDD SATA 7200 RPM.
- Camera: 1.3-megapixel webcam.
- Video: Intel NM10 Express.
- Microphone: Built-in microphone.
- Audio: Built-in stereo speaker.
- Wireless LAN: 802.11b/g/n.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth Ver.2.1 + EDR.
- Media drive: Memory card reader (SD/SDHC/MMC).
- Ports: 2 USB 2.0, headphone output, microphone input, VGA (15-pin), LAN (RJ-45).
- Battery: 4-cell lithium-ion supports up to 4 hours of battery life.
- Interface automatically changes screen orientation to landscape or portrait view
- Provides support for Flash Video and ebooks in full-color content with pictures.
- Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium.
The new Dell Inspiron Duo tablet is offered in 3 variants of elegant color – Red, Green, and Black, with dimensions of 285 x 195 x 29 mm and weight of 1.53kg. It is expected to be available in end of December with the starting retail price $549. However, interest users now can pre-order through Microsoft store.