In Windows 7, when user inserts a CD, DVD or Blu-Ray disc with content (which is not blank empty disc image to burn or write into) into the CD, DVD or Blu-Ray RW (rewritable) optical drive, a file named desktop.ini may be visible when user browses to the CD/DVD drive folder with Windows Explorer.
The desktop.ini file is placed under the “Files Ready to Be Written to the Disc” section. The desktop.ini file contains the following content:
For Windows 7 users who wonder why the desktop.ini is created automatically and placed on the folder for the optical drive, it’s because the desktop.ini, though .ShellClassInfo declaration, is used to provide the name of the shell folder, i.e. the name of the CD Burning folder. This is common behavior for all Windows Shell folders, including special folders such as Libraries, My Documents, My Pictures, My Videos and the CD Burning folder. Desktop.ini file also may contain other section, such as .ShellClassIcon which defines the icon for the folder.
Anyway, the desktop.ini is been marked as system hidden files, and should not been seen or noticed during normal operation, unless user has configured to show and unhide hidden files, folders and drives.
So, in order to make the desktop.ini disappear, just delete the desktop.ini file away. However, desktop.ini may be re-generated on next access to the DVD Burning folder (i.e. rewritable CD or DVD burner or writer drive). The workaround to “fix” or “resolve” the “problem” is to hide the hidden files and system files, then the desktop.ini file won’t be shown at all.
To hide the system or hidden files, just go to Organize menu in Windows Explorer, select Folder and search options, go to View tab and select radio button of Don’t show hidden files, folders and drives. Of course, all other hidden files will be hidden too.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Tipard iPhone Eraser Genuine License Key Code Giveaway and Free Download
- Any Data Recovery Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Bitdefender Total Security 2019 Free Download With Genuine License Series Key Code
- HyperCam 5 Home Edition Free Download With Genuine License Series Key Code
- Avira Password Manager Pro Free Download With Genuine License Key Code