HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) is a new trend in replacing conventional video output ports with higher bandwidth so that the media content can be streamed without limitation especially when much higher display resolution digital panels have been pushed to consumer space. While this is still a relatively new video interface standard, have you ever thought that there could be another newer standard with potential threat in replacing HDMI? Besides Displayport that have been getting much attention due to its cheaper implementation cost, a new high speed interface specification named as DiiVA (Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Video), or better known as “Chinese HDMI” is also getting sufficient support from various AV equipment manufacturers especially from China market.
While both DiiVA and HDMI is capable to transfer uncompressed HD media files suitable for home multimedia entertainment system, DiiVA is claimed to be able to offer much higher data transfer rate of 13.5Gbps versus what can be achieved by HDMI at only 10.2Gbps. More importantly, DiiVA has able to integrate networking capability into AV interface which is definitely helpful to connect multiple network devices together with sharable data and media transmission. Furthermore, royalty fee required for HDMI implementation has prevented many manufacturers from adopting it that move them to other standards such as DisplayPort or DiiVA.
It may still too early to conclude if the new DiiVA standard will be able to replace HDMI but in view of its greater functionality and cheaper implementation cost, many AV equipment manufacturers from different geography area such as TCL Corp, Nanjing Panda Electronics from China, LG Electronics, Samsung Electronics from Korea, Panasonic, Sharp Corp from Japan has started to show strong interest in the new video interface technology as a potential adoption for their next generation consumer product lines.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links