Microsoft has released its Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) Repair Tool for Windows Vista for x64—based Systems. This BITS Repair Tool will assist users to fix problems caused by the corruption of BITS state files. When BITS states files are corrupted, it will stop the host process for Windows Services and prevents users from using BITS to transfer files.
When BITS states files are corrupted, users normally experience the following symptoms:
• A dialog appears that indicates that the host process for Windows Services has stopped working.
• After you restart the computer, a Windows Update dialog box appears. This dialog box contains the following message:
– Some Updates were not installed
– Failed: xx updates
– Error(s) Found:
– Code 800706BA
• An event that resembles the following is logged in the Application log:
– Event Type: Error
– Event Source: Application Error
– Event Category: None
– Event ID: 1000
– Date: date
– Time: time
– Computer: computer name
– User: N/A
– Description: Faulting application svchost.exe_BITS, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549adc4, faulting module qmgr.dll, version 7.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bd9f, exception code 0xc0000005
By using BITS repair tool, users can resolve the BITS corruption problems and re-enable BITS transfers. This update repair tool is provided to users and licensed under the Windows Vista License Terms. It supports Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition. Users need to restart the computer after installing it.