Foobar2000 has released its latest version Foobar2000 0.9.5.4 Beta 3 today. Foobar 2000 is another highly in demand and advanced audio player for Windows users. It works under the Windows platform, is tiny in size and supports many popular audio formats. Foobar 2000 only features all the necessary and practical functions. It doesn’t have anything fancy or extraneous that consumes substantial resources.
The summary of the added features of Foobar2000 0.9.5.4 Beta 3:
• Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
• Audio formats supported “out-of-the-box”: WAV, AIFF, VOC, AU, SND, Ogg Vorbis, MPC, MP2, MP3, MPEG-4 AAC
• Audio formats supported through official addons: FLAC, OggFLAC, Monkey’s Audio, WavPack, Speex, CDDA, TFMX, SPC, various MOD types; extraction on-the-fly from RAR, 7-ZIP & ZIP archives
• Full Unicode support on Windows NT
• ReplayGain support
• Low memory footprint, efficient handling of really large playlists
• Advanced file info processing capabilities (generic file info box and masstagger)
• Highly customizable playlist display
• Customizable keyboard shortcuts
• Most of standard components are opensourced under BSD license (source included with the SDK)
For users who want to have Foobar2000 to be displayed as an entry in the Default Program folder in their Windows Vista, please refer to our earlier post via the link here.
Direct Download link for Foobar 2000.9.5.4
Update: foobar2000 v1.1 has been released. The latest version of foobar2000 can be downloaded here.