Users sometimes might be worried or concerned that they accidentally go to poisoned web sites or those websites hosting malicious codes. If this happens, users might innocently click on some links or execute some programs which might cause damage to the computers. Malicious code is quite a tricky threat which might not be efficiently detected by some conventional antivirus applications. The Europe based security expert, AVG Technologies, recently announced the release of its free AVG LinkScanner, a browser plugin which allows users to check and filter those suspicious sites before entering them via external links.
AVG LinkScanner basically will scan the pages behind all the links that users click or type on their browser prior to entering the site. This tool also scans and evaluates the results of web searches in search engines such as Google, Yahoo! and MSN so users know whether a page is safe before clicking on it. Unlike some of the scanning tools which conduct the analysis and security scan over the entire site in one go, AVG LinkScanner will analyze each individual page instead. The reason being that a single page may be threatened but not the entire site. Hence, AVG LinkScanner will block the particular poisoned page if it finds the page contains malicious codes but not blocking the access to other pages from the same site.
AVG Link Scanner is the technology obtained from Exploit Prevention Labs, a company acquired by AVG Technologies in 2007. This security tool works well with Windows XP and Vista (for both 32-bit and 64-bit). This app can integrate with both IE and Firefox browsers (IE 6 and Firefox 2 and above). For safe net surfing, users can download the application via the link here.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links