There are various free applications to allow users to write PDF documents from virtually any Microsoft Windows application. When it comes to these kinds of free application, the most important criteria are the output results, ease of use and the ability to retain the original format, e.g. the layout, fonts, images, etc. The free Bullzip PDF Printer is one of the excellent PDF printers available.
Fast, straightforward, user friendly and quality output results are amongst the key strengths of this free application. Once it is installed, users can start printing their documents to PDF format via the Bullzip Printer. The working process is pretty simple. When you click on “Print” in any application, for instance, the Microsoft Word document, a tabbed dialog box will appear. The driver will create a PDF file in your default folder with the same filename as the original after you click “OK”. There are additional features which you can utilize to enhance your document including adding watermark, appending the output, etc.
Bullzip PDF Printer is free but with limitations. It is free for personal and commercial use but for up to 10 users only. The best thing is it does not contain any advertising or popups. Users who want to try it can download the latest version via the link here.
- Print to PDF from almost any Windows program.
- Runs on Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/XP x64/2003/2003 x64/Vista/Vista x64/2008/Windows 7 (beta build 7000).
- Supports 64-bit operating systems.
- Direct output to the same file each time or prompt for destination.
- Control if the printer should ask if you want to see the resulting PDF document.
- Control output and prompts programmatically.
- Setup can run unattended.
- Graphical user interface.
- Password protect PDF documents
- 128/40 bit encryption.
- Quality settings (screen, printer, ebook, prepress).
- Set document properties.
- Watermark text, size, rotation, and transparency.
- Superimpose/background documents.
- Appending/prepending documents.
- User interface control.
- Command line interface to all settings.
- COM/ActiveX interface for programmatic control.
- Support for Citrix MetaFrame
- Support for Windows Terminal Server
- Multiple output types supported: BMP, JPEG, PCX, PDF, PNG, and TIFF.