If you are having an older version of laptop that doesn’t equip with the capability to switch off the LCD monitor but would like to have one enabled for power saving whenever they are not in use, then this tiny utility may able to assist you. Named as Dekisoft Monitor Off Utility, it can enables a simple shortcut key setup that can be used to turn off monitor at a predefined interval as an effort towards greener environment.
Once install and launch the tiny utility, users will be brought to a simple GUI. Without any complicated setup, there are only two HotKey assignments with each of them dedicated for turning off the monitor and starting the screen saver respectively. So in order to set to turn off the monitor correctly, just click on ‘Setup HotKey’ and tick on ‘Enable HotKey to turn off monitor(s) or buttons followed by the preferred HotKey combinations (For instances Ctrl +Alt + L) and you are almost done. Besides, there is a configuration that allows users to set the monitor shut off delay time (in seconds) so that they have some time to intercept the action whenever there is a need. On top of this, users can use the same setup to trigger the workstation lock or screensaver at own preference.
Consumed around 370kB of your hard disk space, Monitor Off is a very simple but useful utility that can be used in any Windows system such as Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP and even Vista. The only pre-requisite is it requires .NET Framework 2.0 or later to work correctly. If you need a standalone version, users can get it here at no charge.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Want to share the Apple devices content to SmartTV with AirPlay 2? Here are the SmartTV models support AirPlay 2
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes
- $1200+ Free Windows Software – SlideMaker Slideshow Video Editor, Video Movie Maker, Movie Maker & Video Editor, GIF Maker, Movie Maker & Video Editor & More
- Tipard iPhone Eraser Genuine License Key Code Giveaway and Free Download
- Any Data Recovery Free Download With Genuine License Key Code