It is common that everyone has bad experience of forgetting instant messenger’s password out of a sudden. In order to retrieve your password, normally you need to know your secret question which has been set during account application and you need to answer it accurately. Some applications require you to provide email account and send the temporary password and instruction to reset password to your mailbox. All of this are time consuming and you may be frustrated especially when you need to contact and chat with the person urgently. There is one simple and yet powerful utility named as MessenPass v1.22 which will to help you retrieve your password within few seconds.
MessenPass v1.22 is a password recovery tool which aims to recover password for current logged-on user on the computer, and it only works if you have tick ’remember me on this computer’ checkbox. It supports instant messenger application as listed below:
• MSN Messenger
• Windows Messenger (In Windows XP)
• Windows Live Messenger (In Windows XP And Vista)
• Yahoo Messenger (Versions 5.x and 6.x)
• Google Talk
• ICQ Lite 4.x/5.x/2003
• AOL Instant Messenger v4.6 or below, AIM 6.x, and AIM Pro.
• MySpace IM
MessenPass v1.22 has capability to auto detect instant messenger installed on your computer. Once after launching, it will decrypt the password, display user name and password in the application window. Alternatively, you can retrieve user name and password without launching the application by typing the command line in dos prompt as shown below:
i) /stext (Save all instant messenger passwords into a regular text file)
ii) /stab (Save all instant messenger passwords into a tab-delimited text file)
iii) /scomma (Save all instant messenger passwords into a comma-delimited text file)
iv) /stabular (Save all instant messenger passwords into a tabular text file)
v) /shtml (Save all instant messenger passwords into HTML file.
vi) /sverhtml (Save all instant messenger passwords into HTML file in vertical)
vii) /sxml (Save all instant messenger passwords into XML file)
By default, all menu and dialog boxes are displayed in English. However, this tool provides you the flexibility to translate them into any language as you like, by following below simple steps:
1) Open dos prompt, cd to the directory of MessenPass
2) Type ‘MessenPass.exe /savelangfile’ in the command prompt and press enter
3) mspass_lng.ini file is created in the current folder, edit this file with notepad and translate it to any language as you like, then save it.
4) Launch MessenPass.exe, you will see all menus are displayed in the language you have translated to.
5) You can restore the setting back to original by deleting or moving mspass_lng.ini to other folder.
This is freeware utility and come with 3 files in a package (mspass.exe, mspass.chm, readme.txt). It doesn’t require any installation, what user needs to do is just go to here to download this package which only consume 63KB of your hardisk space, and launch this application by executing the exe file.