Google Earth is a virtual globe, map and geographic information program from Google. The Google Earth maps the Earth by the superimposition of images obtained from satellite imagery, aerial photography and GIS 3D globe. In order to support retina display of iPhone 4, Google has made improvements to its Google Earth for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch by releasing the new version of Google Earth for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch (version 3.1.0). With Google Earth for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, the users can explore the same global satellite and aerial imagery available in the desktop version of Google Earth.
New and features of the Google Earth for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch includes:
- Navigate the world with a swipe of finger.
- Swipe with two fingers to adjust the view to see mountainous terrain.
- Show the Panoramio layer and browse the millions of geo-located photos from around the world.
- View geo-located Wikipedia articles.
- Use the Location feature to fly to your current location.
- Search for cities, places and business around the globe with Google Local Search.
- Supports high-resolution imagery for over half of the world’s population and a third of the world’s land mass.
- Native support for iPhone4 and Retina display.
- Underwater bathymetry and ocean surface.
- Ocean content layer.
The Google Earth for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch version 3.1.0 is now available for free download from App Store. These new version is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, and runs on iPhone OS 3.0 or later.