Data compression utility helps to reduce the consumption of expensive resources such as storage space or transmission bandwidth. As a general rule of thumb, you might hardly have any need for this utility. However, it will come in very handy when you need it. Some compression utilities can compress data and reduce its size for up to 10 times smaller than the original. Once a file is compressed, it will technically need to be decoded before it can be used. Generally there are many file compression utility applications available. The most frequent compressed format that users always see include Zip, Rar, Rpm, Ace, etc. Of course when users receive these familiar compressed formats, they can easily find the relevant applications to decode them. However, what will you do when you receive a compressed file in a format you have never seen? Check it out with SharpArchiver if that is the case.
SharpArchiver is an open source file compression utility for Windows, released under the GNU LGPL license. SharpArchiver uses CAKE3 wrapper which enables it to handle 47 different archive extensions. This free compression utility will help you to create, open and extract compressed files which have unique and hardly seen extensions. Some of the key features of this application include:
Supporting 47 different archive extensions:
- Create, Open, Delete and Extract : Zip,7Zip,Lha,Sqx
Open and Extract:
- Zip,7Zip,Tar,GZip,BZip2,Arc,Arj,Asd,Ace,Mime,B64,Bel,Deb, Yz1,F,Frz,Iicl,Ico,Cab,Jam,Lha,Lzh,Lzs,Hqx,Cpt,Dmg,Pit.Pak,Wad,Rar,Rpm,Sqx,MacBin, Cpio,Shar,Uue,Xxe,Imp,Yenc,Zoo,Ear,Jar,War,Wsz,Mskin,Bzs,Wal,Wmz
- Associate archives with SharpArchiver
- Add a menu to windows shell which will enable you to extract or create archives with just 2 mouse clicks
- MultiExtract Tool
- ConvertArchive Tool
- Encrypt/Decrypt Tool: enables you to protect any file on your computer by creating a sharparchiver encrypted file ( .SAE ).
User friendly and sharp looking interface:
- SharpArchiver is very simple to use.This is one of the key features because there are archivers out there that are very good but their interface is complex and confusing.Simple and free are the best reasons you should use SharpArchiver.