On a Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer that fulfills that following requirements:
- Running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Has an NVIDIA USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface (EHCI) chipset.
- Has at least 4GB of RAM.
An error may occur when user tries to copy data from the computer to an external USB storage device.
When copying data or files and folders from PC to an USB storage devices such as USB flash drive, portable hard disk drive, or any USB devices, the copy operating may stop without completing or before done copying, or worse, the computer may stop responding. The issue may occur if there is any input/output (I/O) operations on the USB storage device, where the I/O operations fail.
Microsoft has identified that problem in KB976972, and has released hotfix to resolve the issue, which can be downloaded for free from Microsoft Download Center.
KB976972 Update for Windows 7 (x86 or 32-bit): Windows6.1-KB976972-x86.msu
KB976972 Update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64 or 64-bit): Windows6.1-KB976972-x64.msu
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18262 Released To Insiders in the Fast Ring and Skip Ahead
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18267 – What’s New, Improved, Fixed, and Known issues
- O&O DiskImage Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Avira Prime Free 3-Months All-in-One Premium Services – Avira Antivirus Pro, Avira Phantom VPN Pro, Avira Identity Scanner Pro, Avira System Speedup Pro, Avira Software Updater Pro, Password Manager Pro
- System Mechanic Fix & Speed Up PC Automatically Free Download With Genuine License Activation Key