Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable and portable security tool from Microsoft, which has been designed to provide on demand scanning and removal of viruses, spyware and other malicious software. Microsoft Safety Scanner works independently of other anti-virus solutions, and can works with any existing anti-virus product installed on the system. In fact, it’s kind of last resort to clean the system suspected to be infected with malicious code.
To make it simple and easy to use, the program provides three type of scanning options for user to choose such as quick scan, full scan and customized scan.
The quick scan option will scan the areas of the system most likely to contain viruses, spyware and other potential unwanted software. For full scan option, it will scan the entire system which may take up to several hours. Lastly, the customization scan will scan the contents of a user-specified folder.
Microsoft Safety Scanner is a standalone program which does not required any installation. However, it does not support auto update and will expire in 10 days after being downloaded. Therefore, the users need to re-download the program to get the latest anti-malware definitions.
Available in 32-bit and 64-bit version, those users who like to download the free Microsoft Safety Scanner to clean up their PCs from virus infection can download from .
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements