After releasing two free anti-virus tools, and , Microsoft has also released a beta version of recovery tool that can help the users to start their infected PC when all other anti-virus solutions failed. The Microsoft recovery tool is called as Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper, which is being designed to reboot the infected PC and perform an offline scan to help identify and remove rootkits as well as other advanced malware. Besides working as a recovery tool, it also can be used when the installed anti-virus solutions can’t be started, and detect or remove malware on the PC.
Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta is not a replacement for a full antivirus solution that provides ongoing real-time protection. In fact, the software intends to be kind of last resource to be used in situations where you cannot start your PC due to a virus or other malware infection.
Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper is currently in beta, and it’s available in 32-bit and 64-bit version. Windows users who like to download the free Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta to start up or clean their PCs from virus infection can download the http://connect.microsoft.com/systemsweeper from .
Alternatively, you may download through the below direct download link for Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta 32bit and 64bit:
Download Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta version (1.0.856.0):
Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta (32 bit):
Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta (64 bit):
Note that to create a bootable media which can be used to recover a PC, users need to prepare a blank CD, DVD or USB drive with at lease 250MB of space to allow Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper to install necessary files. In addition, to use the bootable media to recover a PC, the bootable media must have same system architecture (32-bit or the 64-bit) as the Windows operating system of the computer infected with a virus or malware.
Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta supports Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista (RTM, Service Pack 1, or Service Pack 2, or higher) and Windows 7 (RTM, Service Pack 1, or higher).
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links