Nokia Ovi Player (formerly known as Nokia Music) is an application which allows the users to organize and transfer their favorite music between PC and Nokia devices. Besides that, it also allows the users to download music from Nokia Music Store. Nokia has recently announced the availability of the its latest Nokia OVi Player 2.1. The Nokia Ovi Player 2.1 is aimed to provide all Nokia and music lovers with better quality, performance and experience.
Nokia Ovi Player 2.1 includes the following new features and improvement:
- Able to allow users to pause and restart downloads from the Nokia and Ovi Music stores. Ovi Player will automatically retry any failed downloads and will also preserve uncompleted downloads on application restart.
- Automatically import the music library from iTunes and all the manual playlists that the users created in iTunes (however, iTunes DRM files and smart playlists will not be imported).
- New ‘Play’ control above column headers in detailed view. Simply click this button and all the containing tracks will be added to the Player Queue and played sequentially.
- New tooltips for tracks in the Playlists and Player Queue. These tooltips are visible when hovering over a track and will show you Artist, Album and Artwork for the track.
- Easily to select the Music Store for your region (note that you will need a credit card for that region to purchase any tracks) and change the Proxy settings. Just hit F4 key and all this pops up in the Options dialogue window.
- More robust and memory efficient when compared to the previous version.
- Able to hide the start-up screen, so you can carry on using other applications without being interfered by the Nokia Ovi Player.
The Nokia Ovi Player 2.1 is available for free download from .