Symantec has released its free public beta for its new Norton AntiBot software that can identify malware on user’s system by analyzing its behavior. This public beta version Norton Antibot is based on technology licensed from Sana Security plus a few minor add-ins from Symantec’s SONAR behavioral scanning technology.
Symantec revealed that this Norton AntiBot is meant as a supplement to antivirus software, not a replacement. It doesn’t rely on signatures to detect malicious software. Instead, this product constantly and actively monitors all running processes. For instance, it monitors how a program behaves, what the Registry changes the program makes, what internet site the program try to contact, etc. Through this monitoring process, it can detect the suspicious activities when some versatile “bot” malwares try to break into the infected PCs and the PCs being remote-controlled.
Technically, this Norton Antibot is a stand-alone security software. It wouldn’t conflict with other antivirus programs, neither Norton’s product nor other competitors’ product. This beta version is now available for free download from Symantec. The final version is expected to be out in July.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Build 18342.8 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s New, Fixed and Improvement, and Known Issues
- How To Download Videos in TikTok – Step-By-Step Guide
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode – How To Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode