Symantec has released its free public beta for its new Norton AntiBot software that can identify malware on user’s system by analyzing its behavior. This public beta version Norton Antibot is based on technology licensed from Sana Security plus a few minor add-ins from Symantec’s SONAR behavioral scanning technology.
Symantec revealed that this Norton AntiBot is meant as a supplement to antivirus software, not a replacement. It doesn’t rely on signatures to detect malicious software. Instead, this product constantly and actively monitors all running processes. For instance, it monitors how a program behaves, what the Registry changes the program makes, what internet site the program try to contact, etc. Through this monitoring process, it can detect the suspicious activities when some versatile “bot” malwares try to break into the infected PCs and the PCs being remote-controlled.
Technically, this Norton Antibot is a stand-alone security software. It wouldn’t conflict with other antivirus programs, neither Norton’s product nor other competitors’ product. This beta version is now available for free download from Symantec. The final version is expected to be out in July.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18277 (19H1) Improve Focus Assist, High DPI Settings
- Steganos Privacy Suite Free Download With Genuine License Series Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18262 Released To Insiders in the Fast Ring and Skip Ahead
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18267 – What’s New, Improved, Fixed, and Known issues
- O&O DiskImage Free Download With Genuine License Key Code