Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) 7.0 is a new version of Microsoft’s implementation of remote control software to provide a graphical interface for user to connect and access another computer. Remote Desktop Protocol 7.0 is improved with rich and advanced RDP7 features such as Windows Media Player redirection, bidirectional audio, true multi-monitor support, Windows Aero glass transparency effect support, enhanced bitmap acceleration, Language Bar docking and etc. RDP 7.0 is included in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
In order to ensure that Windows XP and Windows Vista computer system users can also enjoy and take advantage advanced features and functionality introduced in Remote Desktop v7.0 when remote controlling Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 machine, Microsoft has made available Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) 7.0 client for Windows XP and Windows Vista.
RDC7, as its name implied, is a client-side improvement and implementation for older OS. And, RDP7 server improvements are not available down-level. Thus, RDC v7.0 is unidirectional, and will not features and functionality improvement to Windows XP or Windows Vista Remote Desktop Server or Services. Thus, computer connecting to down-level Windows XP or Vista PC (which still has RDP 6.1) will not experience advanced rich features of RDP 7.0 even with RDC 7.0 installed.
By installing Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) 7.0 Client, following features are available:
- Web Single Sign-On (SSO) and Web forms-based authentication for RD Gateway, RD Session Host servers and RemoteApp programs.
- Access to personal virtual desktops by using RD Connection Broker when using the new Remote Desktop Virtualization Host, where personal desktops are assigned to users on a one-to-one basis and maintain state over time.
- Access to virtual desktop pools by using RD Connection Broker when using the new Remote Desktop Virtualization Host, where pooled desktops are shared between multiple users, and all changes a user makes are typically rolled back when the user logs off.
- Status & disconnect system tray icon.
- RD Gateway-based device redirection enforcement.
- RD Gateway system and logon messages.
- RD Gateway background authorization & authentication.
- RD Gateway idle & session time-outs.
- NAP remediation with RD Gateway to manage remote clients by updating them with the latest software updates and settings.
- Windows Media Player redirection enables content hosted in Windows Media Player (in app or web page embedd) to be redirected to the client for decoding on users’ computers.
- Bidirectional audio to redirect audio recording devices such as microphones on the client computer.
- Multiple monitor support for up to 16 monitors, and works for both Remote Desktop and RemoteApp programs.
- Enhanced video playback with bitmap acceleration.
Do note that the RDC7 client can be used to connect to legacy terminal servers or to remote desktops as before.
Remote Desktop Connection 7.0 client update is now available for free download as KB969084 through Microsoft Download Center at the following download links:
Remote Desktop Connection 7.0 Client Update for Windows XP, x86-based version
Remote Desktop Connection 7.0 Client Update for Windows Vista, x86-based versions
Remote Desktop Connection 7.0 Client Update for Windows Vista, x64-based versions
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements