The final version of Silverlight 4 has been released to web (RTW), which means the code development is done, and ready to be downloaded and installed on Windows and Mac OS X system. Silverlight is a web application framework to create interactive apps integrating multimedia, graphics, animation, video streaming for online web or offline desktop or mobile environment. In a sense, Silverlight is similar to Adobe Flash, and competes with Flash for popularity.
Silverlight 4 features support for Google Chrome web browser, in addition to Internet Explorer (IE6, IE7 and IE8), Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari already supported. Silverlight, as it’s a slimmed-down, cross-platform version of Microsoft’s Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) programming model, has its version 4 includes more WPF functionality. Silverlight 4 adds support for data binding, enterprise networking and printing.
In order to run web apps or web services developed by Silverlight 4 platform, a runtime has to be installed. Silverlight runtime works as a browser plug-in or add-on to support multimedia content. Any older or previous version of Silverlight, such as Silverlight 3, is also recommended to upgrade to Silverlight 4.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Build 18342.8 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s New, Fixed and Improvement, and Known Issues
- How To Download Videos in TikTok – Step-By-Step Guide
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode – How To Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode