VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization software package from Oracle which allows multiple operating systems to run simultaneously on a computer in safe and efficient manner. According to the company, it is the only professional solution which is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). Although it is Open Source but its does not stop Oracle VirtualBox development team from releasing the latest version of VirtualBox 3.2.8. The new release includes lot of stability improvements and regression fixes.
The VirtualBox 3.2.8 includes the following improvements and fixes:
- Properly terminate the VM with an error if the guest is trying to switch to the PAE mode but PAE is disabled in the VM settings.
- Switch to native file dialogs.
- Don’t use native file dialogs on KDE hosts .
- Fixed GL_EXT_texture_sRGB support.
- Fixed ZENworks PXE boot regression.
- Fixed slower export and larger images under certain circumstances.
- Properly signal an interrupt if the port suspend status changes.
- Respect the remote-only filter.
- Avoid VM hang when changing the configuration of certain devices.
- Fixed a crash with older Linux kernels and non-ASCII characters in device strings.
- Fixed conflict with the guest execution feature.
- Fixed stability issues with a large number of VMs.
- Fixed host crashes with guest SMP and Win64 guests.
- Fixed problems restoring VMs with pre-allocation enabled.
- Fixed performance issue with GRO enabled on bridged device.
- Fix auto-reset of immutable disk at VM startup.
- Several fixes for Windows NT/2000 and SCO OpenServer guests.
- Fixed I/O errors under rare circumstances.
- Support for attaching one disk to several VMs without external tools and tricks.
- Several fixes and performance enhancements for Solaris guests.
- Added support for remote installations.
- Correctly support enumerating the properties of a running VM with an empty “patterns” field.
- Properly delete transient properties on shutdown.
- RDP video redirection performance improvements and stability fixes.
- Silently fix host audio driver when reading machine XML settings files or OVF written by VirtualBox on a different host OS, for example convert DirectSound to PulseAudio.
- Properly store the NAT network setting in XML settings file version 1.10 and later.
- Handle differencing images with parent UUID correctly in subcommand openmedium disk.
- Added timestamps to logging output.
- Treat 8-bit strings as UTF-8 not ASCII.
The latest VirtualBox 3.2.8 is now available for free download at VirtualBox official site. Just head to the following URL to access official VirtualBox 3.2.8 download:
VirtualBox 3.2.8 for Windows hosts: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/3.2.8/VirtualBox-3.2.8-64453-Win.exe
VirtualBox 3.2.8 for OS X hosts: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/3.2.8/VirtualBox-3.2.8-64453-OSX.dmg
Other versions can be downloading from here.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 What’s New, Fixed and Known issues for PCs
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17751 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17744 Official ISO Images Download Link
- Watchdog PC Cleaner 2018 Free Download With Genuine License Serial Keycode