Windows 7 users who are running the Windows 7 Release Candidate Build 7100 are advised by Microsoft to download and install the newly released Active Killbits for the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions. Both the Cumulative Security Updates for ActiveX Killbits for Windows 7 Release Candidate (KB973346 and KB973346) are crucial to tackle the security flaw in the Microsoft Video ActiveX Control which has been recently identified by Microsoft. The security vulnerability which is found in Active X controls can allow an attacker to compromise a system running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it.
“A remote code execution vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Video ActiveX Control, msvidctl.dll. An attacker could exploit the vulnerability by constructing a specially crafted Web page. When a user views the Web page, the vulnerability could allow remote code execution. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could gain the same user rights as the logged on user,” Microsoft informed.
According to Microsoft, this security issue is rated critical for all supported editions of Windows XP and Moderate for all supported editions of Windows Server 2003. Even though it does not affect Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2, users for non affected platforms are also advised to apply this security update as a preventive measure to increase the system’s security level.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links