Microsoft has released the Windows Feature Pack for Storage version 1.0 for Windows XP SP2 or Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2003 SP1 and above, Windows Vista RTM or Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008. The Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0, unlike service packs, hotfixes or regular updates, contains new between releases (or major Windows versions) features rather than usual bug fixes.
Features added by Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0 are:
Image Mastering API Update for Blu-Ray Media
This feature enables the Windows platform to do master style optical burning on Blu-Ray media.
Smart Card Driver
This release provides support for new form factors, such as ICCD.
Unfortunately, the much-hyped Active Storage Platform feature, which enables the Windows platform to restrict access to portable devices (such as a USB Flash Device) via a certificate or password authentication based on the IEEE 1667 standard specification, does not seem to be included in the feature pack. However, it’s still possible to restrict write access to USB Flash Drive or disable USB drive access completely.
Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0 can be downloaded from Microsoft Download Center. Genuine Windows validation via WGA required to be passed.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Ashampoo Backup 2020 Free Download With Full Version License
- DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Serial Key Giveaway
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost