Olympus Imaging America has officially announced the upcoming availability of its new high-performance 12.3 megapixel D-SLR camera, named as Olympus E-5, which the company claims as their first Digital SLR camera to feature 10 in-camera Art Filters that are operable in all shooting modes, including shutter priority, aperture priority, program auto and manual modes, as well as movie capture with expanded control. Olympus E-5 DSLR camera encased in a strong magnesium alloy body that able to withstand splash and dust.
Key features of Olympus E-5 DSLR camera includes:
- 12.3-megapixel High-Speed Live MOS image sensor complemented with new TruePic V+ image processor that adds “Fine Detail Processing” technology
- Large, vivid 3.0-inch (270 degree) dual axis swivel HyperCrystal LCD screen (920,000 pixels) for added convenient
- Ten in-camera Art Filters – new added Dramatic Tone applies unrealistic tones of light and darkness according to local changes in contrast
- Supersonic Wave Filter Dust Reduction system
- Full -Time Live View system
- 720p HD movie recording at 30 frames per second
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 5fps
“The E-5 camera combines the E-System’s legendary durability, reliability and professional image quality with HD video, multi-exposure and creative art features of the PEN series,” commented John Knaur, senior marketing manager for Digital SLR at Olympus Imaging America Inc. “Wherever you’re shooting, the rugged splashproof design of this camera will capture excellent images and video and withstand any rough conditions you might encounter.”
Olympus E-5 D-SLR camera (body only) that fully compatible with both CompactFlash (Type I UDMA) and SD storage media will be available in coming October for around $1,700.