Nobody can ensure you that your network and computer is 100% safe even though you have installed the most advanced and updated firewall, antivirus software or even with the assistance of some hardware/electronic gadgets. As a user, you need to have some fundamental knowledge to minimize the risk of your private information being stolen and to make sure that your networking system is safe to use.
If you are not an IT technical personnel, perhaps the following 10 rules can assist you: –
- Do not use simple information such as your son’s name, your birthday, etc for your password. Use more complicated passwords. You can use the combination of small and big capital letter; add in special character such as $, %, &, etc.
- Do not simply click on any links that appears on the email received. Don’t reveal your private and personal information to any company if required via email.
- Do not place confidential printouts on your working desk. Keep them properly as the information might reveal some sensitive data. Lock your PC or set a password on the screen server if you leave your desk.
- Sometime you might receive some email from friends or relatives requesting you to forward some information. Be careful as this email might be a trap and carries spam. To verify the information, you can go to websites such as www.snopes.com to check.
- Do not simply open any attachment provided you 100% know the sender and the attachment’s content.
- Make sure your antivirus software’s scanning machine is running all the time. Do not simply switch off your scanning machine.
- Do not simply install software even though it is free. A lot of software that is free for downloading from the internet always carries virus or spam.
- Seek help from your MIS people if you are having any difficulty.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links